In spite of what people will tell you, there are few other treatments that curb the form of wrinkles like Botox, which is the common word for botulinum toxin. There are two kinds of wrinkles: static and dynamic lines. When the skin’s collagen stores are depleted, static lines start to form because of tissue laxity. Dynamic lines are commonly created by muscle movement which inevitably occurs by making facial expressions.
Both kinds of wrinkles are the the product of age, as we cannot halt the regularity of facial expressions and depletion of skin collagen. However, Botox injections directly focus on your facial anatomy by paralyzing certain muscles in order to halt the formation of wrinkles.
Our post will focus on the muscles affected, and why you should consider Botox!
Benefits of Botox For Facial Muscle Anatomy
While many people would suspect that Botox treatment requires a few simple injections, there’s a good reason why medical professionals are authorized to perform the procedure. In order to really work, you have to pinpoint certain muscles that will paralyze its anatomy for an extended period of time.
Here’s a brief overview of Botox injection sites:
- Frontalis: the cause of forehead wrinkles.
- Corrugator Supercilii and Procerus: the cause of frown lines between your eyes.
- Orbicularis Oculi and Procedure: constriction of these muscles produces Crow’s Feet.
- Orbicularis Oris: smoking and even regular straw use causes Smoker’s Lines.
- Depressor Anguli Oris and Trangularis: the cause of Marionette Lines between the nose and mouth.
- Mentalis: the cause of dots across the chin (those are wrinkles).
- Platysma: repetitive neck straining causes horizontal neck bands.
- Axillary (underarm), Palmaris (palms), and Plantaris (soles of your feet): The muscles held responsible for acetylcholine production, which causes overactive sweating.
The botulinum toxin zeroes in on these muscle groups to reduce wrinkling and in many cases even eliminate wrinkles. Our experienced health professionals can conduct a Botox eyebrow lift to eliminate Bunny Lines, or we can focus on lip Botox to add extra allure.
Ultimately, botulinum can greatly benefit your facial muscles by reducing wrinkles and disrupting aging. It is recommended for those seeking to maintain their youthful appeal; however, regular exercise and good health will truly play a role in preventing unwanted wrinkles. Botox results will take your appearance to the next level, and relieve you of stress that happens over the course of your life.
If you’re interested in learning more, contact us to schedule a free consultation! We look forward to discussing treatment and aftercare, as well as the other services provided at PHRC.