Hair Restoration Houston, TX
Don’t lose your hair trying to get it back. While countless thick creams or overnight pills overpromise and underdeliver, Dr. Puig offers personalized, minimally invasive, hair restoration techniques that give patients the au natural appearance of a full head of hair.
Here at Physicians Hair Restoration in Houston, we pursue authentic, confidence-boosting hair restoring solutions with our patients. We want to help Houston patients who face a wide-range of negative consequences due to balding or thinning hair. We strive to enact solutions for for each of our patients through hair surgeries such as Follecular Unit Excision (FUE), Micropigmentation, and other cutting-edge practices that treat hair loss for both men and women.
Schedule a consultation with Houston’s hair restoration surgeon Dr. Puig completely free of charge and take one step closer to a hair loss treatment perfect for you.
Houston’s Hair Restoration Specialist; Dr. Carlos Puig
- Golden Follicle Award Winner in 2012 for a lifetime of professional contributions
- Founding member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Former president of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Served as chair of the Core Curriculum Committee
- Served as chair of the ISHRS Fellowship Training Committee
- Former chair of the Surgery Task Force for Physician & Assistant Education
Hair Loss Solution for Men
The most common cause of long-term, permanent hair loss in men is a condition called male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia. The facts are:
- It’s a genetically-related condition.
- It causes the patient to inherit a pattern of hair follicles sensitive to the male hormone.
- The sensitivity shortens the active hair growth phase in the hair cycle.
- Eventually, the follicles fail to grow at all, leading to permanent hair loss.
The onset of male pattern hair loss typically accompanies puberty, but the rate of loss is different in each man. Due to the fact that an area does not look thin or bald until at least 50% of the original hair density has been lost, the onset appears to occur at different ages.LEARN MORE ABOUT
MEN'S HAIR LOSS
Hair Loss Solution for Women
Hair loss in women is a complex problem. It’s essential for those experiencing it to consult an experienced physician who specializes in female hair loss like Dr. Puig. The quick facts of female hair loss are:
- Only approximately 40% of women who are losing their hair have genetically inherited female pattern hair loss.
- Hair restoration surgery is possibly the most successful option for permanent results.
- Female pattern hair loss can affect the donor area in approximately 20% of those with the complication.
- Women with female pattern hair loss rarely notice the issue prior to the age of 50, never go completely bald and never lose their hair lines.
There are many other reasons why women experience hair loss, and approximately 60% of women with hair loss have a non-genetic medical cause. The correct diagnosis is critical to successful treatment, no matter what the cause of hair loss in women. It’s vital to choose a physician who gathers a thorough history and detailed microscopic examination of the scalp. Dr. Puig has studied female hair loss for more than 30 years, and he takes the time needed to personally evaluate every patient.LEARN MORE ABOUT
WOMEN'S HAIR LOSS
Dr. Puig's patient focused practice philosophy permeates the entire office staff. Everyone at PHRC understands that we are all there for one primary reason "to provide the patient with the best possible hair restoration surgery experience." Patients recognize this very quickly. They sense that everyone in the office is working to do what is best for the patient, and attempting to accommodate their every need. Our policy is the request reviews of all our patients, as only through that feedback can we improve our service. Our success at providing this level of service is reflected in the reviews patients provide.